We are pleased to announce the release of Amplitude Tag for GTM-SS v0.2.0.
This release introduces new features in the Tag configuration (big thanks @laziob for the suggestions).
More specifically, the Tag now automatically sets the Amplitude Session ID, that allows you to associate events in Amplitude, using information from the Snowplow
In addition, it can now be configured to automatically map the Snowplow
mkt fields to Amplitude’s standard UTM parameters. Similarly, you can now select if the event time for the Amplitude event will be set and how (e.g. from a Snowplow timestamp event property).
The Snowplow Event Context Rules configuration section has slightly changed in order to allow you to:
- Also exclude an entity as a way to enhance controlling the mapping of the Snowplow events’ context entities in the
user_propertiesof the Amplitude event.
- Specify whether the configured mapping applies to all versions of the entity.
Finally, you can now select to use the Amplitude’s EU Residency Server as the HTTP API endpoint.
- Add version control naming as an option (#7)
- Add option to include or exclude an entity (#6)
- Add option to map Snowplow mkt fields to Amplitude UTM user properties (#8)
- Set the Amplitude Session ID from client session context (#5)
- Add option for mapping Amplitude time field (#13)
- Standardize logs (#15)
- Add EU Server Toggle (#9)
Under the hood
- Add tests for configuration options (#18)
- Fix tests throwing internal error (#16)
- Format template with prettier (#17)
- Use new Amplitude Standard Server HTTP endpoint (#14)
The Amplitude HTTP API V2 GTM Server-side Tag is published in the GTM Gallery, and the option to update should become automatically available in your GTM SS instance. The GTM-SS updates UI allows you to review the changes, so you mostly need to ensure that the Snowplow Event Context Rules are correctly mapped to the new configuration sections.