Peak is the number one brain training app on mobile and, since it launched in 2014, has been downloaded nearly 20 million times. It has been recognised by both Apple and Google as one of the best apps available, winning Best of 2014, Best of 2015 and Best of 2016 awards as well as Editors’ Choice on both the App Store and Play Store. The company, which is based in central London, was founded by entrepreneurs from Google, Amazon, Playfish/EA and academia who set out to help people to play smarter and get more from their apps and mobile devices.
As a data scientist at Peak, you will help us visualise, analyse and report on all of our business metrics and dip your toes into terabytes of scientific data. We move fast and develop a lot of ideas so you will have to keep up the pace. You will need to iterate on ideas quickly, and be ready to take ownership of business problems. You will be great at prioritising tasks in a busy environment and be able to show that you can hit deadlines and exceed expectations.
What you will do:
- Develop tools for understanding engagement of tens of millions of users;
- Design & interpret A/B tests to make our decisions data-driven;
- Build predictive and descriptive models of user behaviour;
- Analyse terabytes of brain function data, drive our scientific research forward and circle back to our PR team with robust conclusions;
- As part of our data science team, you’ll work across the whole business delivering insights for the product, marketing, tech and science teams.
We need these skills:
- Data organisation: hands-on experience with SQL, data warehouses, data modelling, data cleaning — involving very large datasets and multiple data sources;
- Data engagement: you will know how to engage users and how to tell data stories, in scientific and in commercial contexts; you need some reporting software experience (Tableau, Periscope, Mode, D3, …);
- Data analysis: deep knowledge of a data analysis tool (we like R and Python, bonus points for Spark, Neo4J or ElasticSearch);
- You need to be eligible to work in the UK.
- A strong mathematical and statistical background (MSc in an analytical science preferred), familiarity with common machine learning algorithms is a bonus;
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving ability — taking ownership of a problem comes naturally to you;
- This is a junior role, so we also want you to be prepared to learn a lot about data science in a commercial context; and have an insane amount of curiosity about the intersection of neuroscience, education and gaming.
Why you should join us:
- We set our hiring bar really high - you will be working with the best;
- The company is growing fast; you’ll have a lot of opportunity to make a real impact on our app and our brand, and learn loads from day one!
- Competitive salary and loads of perks including healthy snacks all day long, gym membership, your choice of hardware and a fun and friendly working environment;
- We have a very flat structure so we require you to take ownership and to work independently as part of self-organising team.
Get in touch with me at thomas@peak[dot]net or take a look at our jobs page, peak.workable.com .