Error encountered during Elasticsearch sink setup

I am getting this weird error. There’s no client setting specified as per your sample config file. Am I missing something here.

Exception in thread "main" com.typesafe.config.ConfigException$Missing: No configuration setting found for key 'client'
        at com.typesafe.config.impl.SimpleConfig.findKey(SimpleConfig.java:124)
        at com.typesafe.config.impl.SimpleConfig.find(SimpleConfig.java:145)
        at com.typesafe.config.impl.SimpleConfig.find(SimpleConfig.java:159)
        at com.typesafe.config.impl.SimpleConfig.find(SimpleConfig.java:164)
        at com.typesafe.config.impl.SimpleConfig.getObject(SimpleConfig.java:218)
        at com.typesafe.config.impl.SimpleConfig.getConfig(SimpleConfig.java:224)
        at com.typesafe.config.impl.SimpleConfig.getConfig(SimpleConfig.java:33)
        at com.snowplowanalytics.snowplow.storage.kinesis.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchSinkApp$delayedInit$body.apply(ElasticsearchSinkApp.scala:105)
        at scala.Function0$class.apply$mcV$sp(Function0.scala:40)
        at scala.runtime.AbstractFunction0.apply$mcV$sp(AbstractFunction0.scala:12)
        at scala.App$$anonfun$main$1.apply(App.scala:71)
        at scala.App$$anonfun$main$1.apply(App.scala:71)
        at scala.collection.immutable.List.foreach(List.scala:318)
        at scala.collection.generic.TraversableForwarder$class.foreach(TraversableForwarder.scala:32)
        at scala.App$class.main(App.scala:71)
        at com.snowplowanalytics.snowplow.storage.kinesis.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchSinkApp$.main(ElasticsearchSinkApp.scala:68)
        at com.snowplowanalytics.snowplow.storage.kinesis.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchSinkApp.main(ElasticsearchSinkApp.scala)

I assume that you’re using “snowplow-elasticsearch-sink-0.7.0”;
you might take a look at this snowplow blog post

there is change in snowplow r82 to the “elasticsearch { }” config,

and also see this file,

(change the github tag to your snowplow-release)

1 Like

Yeah, kind of figured that out and solved it that day only. Should have updated this thread.