We are pleased to announce version 0.7.0 of Iglu Server
Iglu server is a http api implementation of an Iglu schema repository. It is extensively used by snowplow pipelines, for storing and versioning the schemas of events and entities. Our docs site has a guide to run and configure the server.
- More efficient database queries. Previously we were filtering schemas in memory, where the filter could be easily moved the the
WHEREclause of the sql query.
- The Super api key is now provided in the configuration file, instead of stored in the database. This enables faster key rotation for better security.
- The configuration file is now optional. Configuration parameters can be provided by other methods, which we find more convenient with some deployment environments.
- Various bug fixes, and docker-compose fixes.
We took the decision to make some breaking changes to the iglu server configuration file:
- Keys that were previously hyphenated must now be camel case. For example
"patches-allowed": trueshould be changed to
- Fields that were previously in milliseconds or seconds, are now expressed with an explicit unit. For example
"maxLifetime": 3000should be changed to
"maxLifetime": "3 seconds".
This is all part of our wider plan to make Snowplow applications more uniform in how they are configured. With these changes made, we hope our configuration files can remain more stable in future. Our docs site has a detailed reference for all configuration options.