Snowplow Android Tracker 1.3.3 released

We are pleased to release Snowplow Android Tracker 1.3.3

1.3.3 fixes a bug causing a potential crash in specific circumstances when using lifecycleEvents.

• Fix crash when lifecycleEvents is enabled on Tracker initialisation (#339)

1.3.3 is available on Bintray.

The project’s source code can be found here.

1 Like

Guys, i’m trying to use this but sometimes it triggers multiple events for the same screen and in case i add the globalcontext it doesn’t event send, any tips? Thanks in advance.

Hi @SzotsLevente
Would it be possible for you to share a simple application that exhibits the issue? You can leave out the collector information in your shared sample, we can fill that in for testing.
We’ve tried to replicate it using the code you have shared via the Github issue but we didn’t have any luck with replicating it, I’m curious if this is an issue when implementing using Kotlin or somethign specific in your application, an example from yourself that replicates the issue would be extremely helpful.

i’ve tried to implement it fully in java, it didn’t change a thing, the sample code that i’ve used is called in an activity and that’s it… it’s strange that as soon as i use tracker.addGlobalContext(customcontext()) it doesn’t send a thing i’m not sure what more i could share to help you guys out

Ok, thanks for the information.

I’m going to try and see if I can replicate it, could you let me know what API Levels you are targetting? This may help me when trying to replicate it just in case something strange is going on here.

i’m trying to use it in a simple list at the moment just to see how it behaves, my only problem now is the global context

For clarification, when you say
tracker.addGlobalContext(customcontext()) it doesn’t send a thing

Meaning there’s no recorded event or logs of any kind related to SP?