We are pleased to announce Snowplow iOS Tracker
This release enhances the Emitter component splitting it in three parts:
- EventStore: handles the persistence of tracked events not yet sent to the collector;
- NetworkConnection: establish the connection with the collector and perform the requests;
- Emitter: Handle dispatching like backoff and retry of failed requests and aggregation of events in a single request.
The SPEmitter API is still the same, so EventStore and NetworkConnection can be configured automatically by the Emitter from the SPEmitter configuration.
In this release we also introduce tracker diagnostics, which help to track errors which happen inside the tracker in order to spot and diagnose tracking issues. Also tracker logs can be reported to the main app. These features can be helpful for inspecting issues during instrumentation of the tracker or troubleshooting of unexpected behaviours.
- Crash connected with method writeSessionToFile in SPSession (#515)
Under the hood:
- Emitter refactoring (#540)
1.5.0 is available on Cocoapods.
The project’s source code can be found here.