Staging raw logs then nothing else

samuel:Downloads samuel$ ./r88/r88-emr-etl-runner run --c r88/configr88.yml --r r88/iglu_resolver.json 
D, [2018-11-28T18:50:17.702000 #2093] DEBUG -- : Staging raw logs...

Then nothing. Why is this not working.

3   access_key_id: <%= ENV['AWS_ACCESS_KEY'] %>
  4   secret_access_key: <%= ENV['AWS_SECRET_KEY'] %>
  5   s3:
  6     region: us-west-2
  7     buckets:
  8       assets: s3://snowplow-hosted-assets # DO NOT CHANGE unless you are hosting the jarfiles etc yourself in your own bucket
  9       jsonpath_assets: # If you have defined your own JSON Schemas, add the s3:// path to your own JSON Path files in your own b    ucket here
 10       log: s3://samuel-web-track-logs/logs
 11       raw:
 12         in:                  # This is a YAML array of one or more in buckets - you MUST use hyphens before each entry in the ar    ray, as below
 13           - s3://samuel-web-track-logs         # e.g. s3://my-old-collector-bucket
 14         processing: s3://samuel-web-track-logs/processing_data
 15         archive: s3://samuel-web-track-logs/archive_data    # e.g. s3://my-archive-bucket/raw
 16       enriched:
 17         good: s3://samuel-web-track-logs/enriched/good       # e.g. s3://my-out-bucket/enriched/good
 18         bad: s3://samuel-web-track-logs/enriched/bad        # e.g. s3://my-out-bucket/enriched/bad
 19         errors: s3://samuel-web-track-logs/enriched/errors    # Leave blank unless :continue_on_unexpected_error: set to true be    low
 20         archive: s3://samuel-web-track-logs/enriched/archive    # Where to archive enriched events to, e.g. s3://my-archive-buck    et/enriched
 21       shredded:
 22         good: s3://samuel-web-track-logs/shredded/good       # e.g. s3://my-out-bucket/shredded/good
 23         bad: s3://samuel-web-track-logs/shredded/bad        # e.g. s3://my-out-bucket/shredded/bad
 24         errors: s3://samuel-web-track-logs/shredded/errors     # Leave blank unless :continue_on_unexpected_error: set to true b    elow
 25         archive: s3://samuel-web-track-logs/shredded/archive    # Where to archive shredded events to, e.g. s3://my-archive-buck    et/shredded
 26   emr:
 27     ami_version: 4.5.0
 28     region: us-west-2        # Always set this
 29     jobflow_role: EMR_EC2_DefaultRole # Created using $ aws emr create-default-roles
 30     service_role: EMR_DefaultRole     # Created using $ aws emr create-default-roles
 31     placement:      # Set this if not running in VPC. Leave blank otherwise
 32     ec2_subnet_id: # Set this if running in VPC. Leave blank otherwise
 33     ec2_key_name: xxx_samuel
 34     bootstrap: []           # Set this to specify custom boostrap actions. Leave empty otherwise
 35     software:
 36       hbase:                # Optional. To launch on cluster, provide version, "0.92.0", keep quotes. Leave empty otherwise.
 37       lingual:              # Optional. To launch on cluster, provide version, "1.1", keep quotes. Leave empty otherwise.
 38     # Adjust your Hadoop cluster below
 39     jobflow:
 40       master_instance_type: m1.medium
 41       core_instance_count: 2
 42       core_instance_type: m1.medium
 43       core_instance_ebs:    # Optional. Attach an EBS volume to each core instance.
 44         volume_size: 100    # Gigabytes
 45         volume_type: "gp2"
 46         volume_iops: 400    # Optional. Will only be used if volume_type is "io1"
 47         ebs_optimized: false # Optional. Will default to true
 48       task_instance_count: 0 # Increase to use spot instances
 49       task_instance_type: m1.medium
 50       task_instance_bid: 0.015 # In USD. Adjust bid, or leave blank for non-spot-priced (i.e. on-demand) task instances
 51     bootstrap_failure_tries: 3 # Number of times to attempt the job in the event of bootstrap failures
 52     additional_info:        # Optional JSON string for selecting additional features
 53 collectors:
 54   format: cloudfront # For example: 'clj-tomcat' for the Clojure Collector, 'thrift' for Thrift records, 'tsv/com.amazon.aws.clo    udfront/wd_access_log' for Cloudfront access logs or 'ndjson/urbanairship.connect/v1' for UrbanAirship Connect events
 55 enrich:
 56   job_name: Snowplow ETL # Give your job a name
 57   versions:
 58     hadoop_enrich: 1.8.0 # Version of the Hadoop Enrichment process
 59     hadoop_shred: 0.11.0 # Version of the Hadoop Shredding process
 60     hadoop_elasticsearch: 0.1.0 # Version of the Hadoop to Elasticsearch copying process
 61   continue_on_unexpected_error: false # Set to 'true' (and set :out_errors: above) if you don't want any exceptions thrown from     ETL
 62   output_compression: NONE # Compression only supported with Redshift, set to NONE if you have Postgres targets. Allowed formats    : NONE, GZIP
 63 storage:
 64   download:
 65     folder: # Postgres-only config option. Where to store the downloaded files. Leave blank for Redshift
 66 monitoring:
 67   tags: {} # Name-value pairs describing this job
 68   logging:
 69     level: DEBUG # You can optionally switch to INFO for production
 70   snowplow:
 71     method: get
 72     app_id: atwork # e.g. snowplow
 73     collector: xxx.cloudfront.net # e.g. d3rkrsqld9gmqf.cloudfront.net
~                                                                                                                                   
~                             

is my config file

I have yet to set up a target. Is it not running because there is still files in all of the folders of s3 bucket?

@morris206,

This is definately will prevent from running. A presence of files in any of processing, enriched/good, and shredded/good buckets is treated as an indication of the previous ongoing process or failed process that would have to be recovered first.

Having said that I also find your command line odd. You seem to be running quite old version (r88). It does not have run option. It was introduced to a later versions of EmrEtlRunner. That is puzzling.

Strange, it still worked. I am setting up the BigQuery target now. Thanks for the response, when I find the solution I will definitely post. Any other pointers from what you can see?

There is really no difference as far as I can tell between adding run and not.
They do the same thing.