Zendesk events ending in bad ETL folder

Hi all,

I’m trying to integrate Zendesk events with Snowplow, using a Zendesk webhook, following the instructions in this guide: Integrating Zendesk events with Snowplow

We are getting all Zendesk events in bad ETL folder with the following error:

“Querystring does not contain schema parameter: not an Iglu-compatible self-describing event”

suggesting that there should be a schema parameter in the querystring URL, but as far as I can see, there is no such parameter in the instructions.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

@ecardy, it sounds like you haven’t set up the target in Zendesk correctly. The questions for you

• Have you set up HTTP target or a different type of the target?
  • Is it POST or GET request/method?

Setting up a target is described here.

The error “Querystring does not contain schema parameter: not an Iglu-compatible self-describing event” in essence indicates that the data is likely received but the schema to check that data against is not (or not recognized). Zendesk webhook is based on our Iglu adapter and thus expects schema parameter sent together with the data.

There’s is a difference in how the data is composed and sent depending on how you set up the target as dictated by Iglu adaptor.

1 Like

Hi ihor,

Thanks for your reply.

I did set up HTTP target using POST method. I did double check setup of triggers and iglu schemas are included in JSON body. I also checked events that are in bad folder. I can confirm events are triggered via POST and after decoding them I can see JSON with schema and data included - see the example below.

What confuses me is error “Querystring does not contain schema parameter: not an Iglu-compatible self-describing event”. Since I’m using POST shouldn’t ETL be expecting schema in the POST data not in the query string?

Is it possible that we are running some older version of Snowplow, which can’t handle webhook events?

Thanks,

Edd

{“line”:“2018-01-04\t13:01:08\t-\t-\t192.161.152.146\tPOST\t192.161.152.146\t/com.snowplowanalytics.iglu/v1\t200\t-\tZendesk+Target\taid=zendesk&cv=clj-1.1.0-tom-0.2.0&nuid=7bcb8031-66cc-4d2d-a7f2-e7853b1a86fd\t-\t-\t-\tapplication%2Fjson%3B+charset%3Dutf-8\tew0KICAic2NoZW1hIjogImlnbHU6Y29tLnplbmRlc2suc25vd3Bsb3cvdXNlci9qc29uc2NoZW1hLzEtMC0wIiwNCiAgImRhdGEiOiB7DQogICAgICAidGlja2V0SWQiOiAtMSwNCiAgICAgICJ1cGRhdGVkQXQiOiAiMjAxOC0wMS0wNFQxMzowMTowNyswMDowMCIsDQogICAgICAidHlwZSI6ICJyZXF1ZXN0ZXIiLA0KICAgICAgImZpcnN0TmFtZSI6ICJmaXJzdG5hbWUiLA0KICAgICAgImxhc3ROYW1lIjogImxhc3RuYW1lIiwNCiAgICAgICJsYW5ndWFnZSI6ICJFbmdsaXNoIChVSykiLA0KICAgICAgInRhZ3MiOiBudWxsLA0KICAgICAgImxvY2FsZSI6ICJlbi1HQiIsDQogICAgICAibm90ZXMiOiBudWxsLA0KICAgICAgInRpbWVab25lIjogIkxvbmRvbiIsDQogICAgICAidXNlcklkIjogLTEsDQogICAgICAicGhvbmUiOiBudWxsLA0KICAgICAgImV4dGVuZGVkUm9sZSI6ICJFbmQtdXNlciIsDQogICAgICAicm9sZSI6ICJFbmQtdXNlciIsDQogICAgICAiZGV0YWlscyI6IG51bGwsDQogICAgICAic2lnbmF0dXJlIjogbnVsbCwNCiAgICAgICJvcmdhbml6YXRpb24iOiBudWxsLA0KICAgICAgImV4dGVybmFsSWQiOiBudWxsLA0KICAgICAgImVtYWlsIjogInh4eCINCiAgfQ0KfQ”,“errors”:[{“level”:“error”,“message”:“Querystring does not contain schema parameter: not an Iglu-compatible self-describing event”}],“failure_tstamp”:“2018-01-04T15:51:53.716Z”}

What version of the enricher are you running? That error string was removed a few versions ago so I suspect that the issue has been patched since then and upgrading to a newer version of the enricher should fix this.

Issue resolved after updating - thanks for your help!

Best wishes,

Edd

1 Like