Scala stream collector kinesis stream

I am setting up the config.hocon.sample file. When I am providing the Kinesis stream would I need to provide the full stream ARN?

Hi @dsouzabash,

Stream name is sufficient here. No need for ARN.

Thanks. I am the admin to my AWS account and I created the Access Key ID and Secret Access Key as mentioned here - http://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/userguide/cli-chap-getting-started.html
But I am constantly getting the error - The security token included in the request is invalid. (Service: AmazonKinesis; Status Code: 400; Error Code: UnrecognizedClientException; Request ID: e4730918-b9c8-39a8-b6e5-995f0e06f821)
In the config.hocon.sample file, I have tried using ‘deafult’, ‘env’, ‘iam’ and my access key-secret key ID that I generated. But none of them seem to work. Anything else that I would need to change?

@dsouzabash

Where have you put the IAM credentials on the EC2 machine?

If you have AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID and AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY in your environment you can use ‘env’, if they are attached to the EC2 machine (via an instance role) you can use ‘iam’ and default should catch all of these (I believe) in the following order of priority according to the DefaultProviderChain.

1. Environment variables
  2. Java system properties (args)
  3. AWS profile (in ~/.aws/credentials)
  4. EC2 metadata service